Well - we've all failed at this before.
What's different this time? We are ALL doing it. So this time
- we will succeed. And we will lower the bar.
Here are some wise words from Chris Baty, the
founder of the National Writing Month -
"This is big.
This is very big.
And it's yours for the taking. But to get
here, you need to give yourself permission to make messes. To write
ungainly sentences and create absolutely atrocious dialogue. I know it's
going to hurt to leave ugly prose in your book. It may not be the way
you've written in the past. And this may not be the way you chose to
write in the future (though I have a sneaky feeling you're going to end up
loving it), It is, however, a fantastic path toward getting a novel written and
a truly enhancing way to spend a month."
So for me – right now – just starting something
and finishing it will be a win. I don’t
need any wimps or excuses – from you or me.
The goal is simply – get it done.
So say we all?
Chris says you need a ‘go to team’ around you. I’ll be there for you if you’ll be there for
me.
I’m signing you up at editors on this blog –
write me back?
Did Josh come on?
ReplyDeleteHey, I didn't fail at it last year! However, I'm still working on the same novel. Which is technically cheating.